Helping Injured Workers Recover The Benefits They Deserve
If you have been injured at work or are suffering from an illness caused by your work environment, you may need legal help to secure or retain your entitled wage and medical benefits. At Fishman & Fishman, LLC, we will defend your rights under the New Jersey workers’ compensation system and guide you through the legal process.
Has Your Workers’ Comp Claim Been Denied?
Regardless of fault, if you were injured while working in the state of New Jersey, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Whether your injury was a sudden accident or an illness that occurred over time, your benefits will include medical expenses. Additionally, there are four forms of disability benefits for which you are eligible depending on the severity of your injury and your ability to work. They are the following:
- Medical benefits: Subject to the employer’s approval, these benefits may include compensation for office visits, occupational and physical therapy, surgery and prescription medications.
- Temporary disability benefits: These are available to any injured worker while they are receiving treatment and are unable to work.
- Permanent disability benefits: These are available if the worker is left with a permanent problem that affects their ability to work or use the part of the body that was injured.
- Death benefits: The dependents of a worker who dies as a result of a work-related injury or illness are entitled to benefits, regardless of fault.
We Know Workers’ Compensation In New Jersey
Our attorneys at Fishman & Fishman, LLC, know that injuries can be devastating. If you have suffered an accident on the job or an occupational illness, we can help. We handle a range of workers’ comp cases, including:
- Exposure to dust, fumes and chemicals
- Neck, back and spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Knee injuries and shoulder injuries
- Repetitive motion injuries, including carpal tunnel syndrome
- Lifting injuries
- Heart attacks
- Fatal accidents
- Mental health issues, such as post-traumatic stress disorder
Our firm has represented injured construction workers, including those in ladder and scaffolding falls, as well as workers in numerous other industries.
We Only Collect If You Do
Our attorneys take workers’ compensation cases on a contingency fee basis. That means we only get paid if we help you obtain workers’ comp benefits. For a free consultation regarding your workers’ compensation benefits or a denied claim, call our knowledgeable lawyers toll-free at 888-339-7675 or complete our online form. We serve Cherry Hill, Camden County and the surrounding areas with offices in Lawnside and Hammonton.