Tried And True Attorneys Standing Up For The Injured Since 1965


Tried And True Attorneys Standing Up For The Injured Since 1965

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Workers' Compensation
  4.  » After accident, officer may file for workers’ compensation

After accident, officer may file for workers’ compensation

On Behalf of | Nov 5, 2015 | Workers' Compensation |

Some New Jersey residents are involved in lines of work where the chance of becoming injured while performing their job responsibilities is greater than the average employee. One of these lines of work is law enforcement. Between chasing down suspects and operating vehicles at high rates of speed at times, the chance for injury is great. Luckily, injured police officers can file workers’ compensation claims to lessen some of the hardship incurred if an accident occurs.

An alleged drunk driver collided with a police car, injuring a police officer. The accident occurred in Passaic on a recent Friday night in October around midnight. It resulted in the officer suffering a laceration on his head and a concussion, as well as back and neck injuries.

According to the police, a 43-year-old man was driving a sedan when his vehicle collided with the police car at an intersection around 11:59 p.m. The squad car ended up on the concrete embankment and, additionally, hit a utility pole. The officer was rushed to a local medical center.

When an employee is injured on the job in New Jersey, he or she may have extensive medical bills as well as have to take a considerable amount of time off from work. Luckily, the injured worker can file a workers’ compensation claim to help lessen some of the financial difficulties often incurred as a result of being injured while at work, such as lost pay as well as medical bills. Injured workers typically consult an experienced workers’ compensation attorney to begin the filing process.

Source:, “Police: Passaic police officer injured after alleged drunken driver crashes into cop car”, Marina Villeneuve, Oct. 31, 2015